Wednesday, February 10, 2010

365/41 Shooting From The Hip/4

Ah, the memories... I gave this very old wooden train set to my daughter, and today we were playing with it. So naturally this became today's subject of this week's theme! I can't believe how tiny that DOF is at this distance at f/2.8! It looks like during my attempt to "recompose", I lost focus by a tiny microscopic amount. It's clearly visible at 100% crop. I also decided to richen up some colors in this photo. You be the judge!

Lens and camera settings:
50mm f/2.0 @ f/2.8, 1/160sec and ISO 200. Flash bounced off the ceiling, no compensation.

Train

2 comments:

  1. Chris, The color is so rich. How did you your camera to shoot at f2.0? The lowest mine has gone in sunlight is f3.5. Also, I would love any feed back from you on the 365 forum. I am very impressed by your work and would love to hear your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have to work on CCing more people, I'm sorry about that! I'll make sure to pay more attention to you next time I post :)

    The camera only controls the aperture number, not how wide you can open it. The lens determines how low the number can go. I bought the Olympus 50mm f/2.0, which can go down to 2.0. What lens do you shoot with? If it's your kit lens, that's most likely why you can't go very low. If you're a canon/nikon shooter, you should be able to get a hold of a nice 50mm f/1.8 for a decent amount of money :) Let's just say you'll be spending a fraction of what I spent ;-)

    ReplyDelete