Saturday, February 6, 2010

Project 365, Day 37 ("Self Portrait", Day 7)

I stole a fellow ILPer's idea for a photo, because, well, it was a good idea! Looks like focus was dead on in this photo, and the browns from the couch do make for nice bokeh :) Still a little under the weather, and I'm too lazy to PS reality and add health to where there is none.

Lens and camera settings:
50mm f/2.0 @ f/2.0 (Bokeh!!!), 1/125sec and ISO 200.

Self 7

Oh, for those interested: I have decided on the E-3, weather sealing was a good reason, this is the other reason. Especially the two cat photos taken in fairly similar light. It looks like the E-3 renders colors much more to my taste (beautiful, instead of "camera-like"). Anyone willing to pitch in a decision on what to do with the little spare money I'll have? It looks like I will be able to afford a full light stand with umbrella and appropriate brackets.

2 comments:

  1. Another nice one from you! You've really aced this week. I'm soooo jealous of your upcoming purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I tried my best :) Next theme is going to be interesting, I don't think it'd be fair to tether my camera while shooting from the hip lol. And as far as my purchase goes, it was a very difficult decision, and my E-500 will still be used all the time, I think it's my favorite camera to date, I can't just shove it out the door :) Don't be jealous, because when the time comes to buy your next Oly, you'll have one heck of a time deciding, the choice is NOT obvious :P

    ReplyDelete