Sunday, February 7, 2010

"From the Hip" Day 1 Cont'd

So i'm the idiot today, I forgot to turn the AF illuminator in my camera back on, so my nice flash (that permanently lives in the hot shoe) wasn't projecting the AF light on my subject, and no accurate focus was taking place. With my 50mm, it's absolutely critical to get dead-on focus, or it will look really OOF. This just makes me realize that I'm pretty far away from skilled enough for business. Back to the drawing board!

Below is the result from just turning this feature back on. Mind you, I turned it off the other day, because in bright daylight, my E-500 will focus hunt with the flash turned on. Not sure why, but I never claimed to have the best camera :P

Lens and camera settings:
50mm f/2.0 @ f/4.0, 1/160sec and ISO 200. Flash bounced off the ceiling @ (I believe) +0.3EV Compensation.

Lexi Day 1

There we go! Much better. So the rest of the week, I'll have to try and get the little one involved more!

1 comment:

  1. Chris: Much better shot then the 1st. The composition is great for being "from the hip".

    ReplyDelete