Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Project 365, Day 33 ("Self Portrait", Day 3)

Well, today I actually had some time to figure things out for this week's theme. Apparently you can tether my camera, which solves a ton of issues I've had with self portraits and focusing.

I plopped myself in front of a window in the recliner, bath robe and all, and put the camera on a tripod. It was probably 6 feet off the ground. Then all I had to do was look up at the camera (remembering that for the focus part of the photo, I had to make sure to look exactly in the middle of the lens with one eye) and hit the "AF button". Then, trying my hardest not to change my distance from the camera, I moved to "recompose" to the rule of thirds, and hit the "shoot" button. Much better than yesterday!

Anyone with CC, please step forward :)

Lens and camera settings:
50mm f/2.0 @ f/2.8, 1/100sec and ISO 200. Camera mounted on tripod @ its tallest setting, camera tilted to the left.

Self 3

4 comments:

  1. You know I'd love to cc, but as I can barely understand your description of how you got the shot, I'm afraid I do not have anything constructive to say...LOL! You're going to change all that by helping me with the Understanding Exposure Study Group, right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keri Michelle: Yes, I'm ordering the book today, just so I can help keep the group going :) I promised Sharon to do my best to help support the group, because she has too much going on to do it by herself..

    Nancy: thank you!

    ReplyDelete