Friday, March 26, 2010

365/85 Night Time/6

Today is nothing special, just a snap of my dash as I'm leaving work. What is special, is that this shot was completely hand held, and that I just proved that Olympus kept their promise with their Image Stabilization technology. Seriously, anyone still taking blurry shots with their E-3 with IS turned on, should consider not drinking coffee (or other "alertness enhancing stimulants") before they shoot, because you really have to *shake* the camera before things turn shakey. Oh yeah, don't use a tripod with IS on. IS is designed to compensate for minute movements, and when there's no movement at all, it gets confused and starts wandering off on its own, which ironically results in a blurry image.


Lens and camera settings:
14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 II @ 35mm, f3.1, 1/15sec and ISO 1000.


Car Dials


I have decided never to go over ISO 1000 after this shot, because ISO 1000 generates perfectly printable shots (almost) uncorrected, and 1/15sec with IS on is still hand-holdable. Sure, it's no Nikon D700 (I say this a lot), but it works fine. I did run some noise ninja on this photo due to there being a lot of black in the photo and while I didn't see much noise, I'm sure someone else would.

No comments:

Post a Comment