Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More Image Stabilization Fun!

We decided to try a new place to eat, which worked out wonderfully, because the service and food were awesome! More relevant to the theme of this post, I decided to take my camera with me in the hopes of capturing something nice from downtown. Knowing it was going to be dark, I wanted to push the limits of this camera a little by using image stabilization in combination with high ISO and low shutter speed. I say it was a success! Yes, if you take this image to 100% crop, one could say it's a little noisy, but it's all luminance noise, and if "properly" filtered, it could add something to the picture rather than take something away. No camera shake whatsoever and after white balancing the image, it looks pretty good!

Lens and camera settings:
14-45mm f/3.5 - 5.6 @ 19mm, f/3.8, 1/25sec and ISO 1600. IS on, handheld.

Pinhead-Susans

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE reading about your excitement over your new camera...you have such a passion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing I love doing more than photography! If it ever became my full time job, it's probably all I'd ever do :-P

    ReplyDelete