Monday, March 1, 2010

365/60 Color Accent/2

Day 60! The past 2 months flew by! Looking back at all the photos I've posted here, I've made a good amount of progress. It's always really cool to see how much a person learns when they do projects like this!

So today I grabbed this green heart shaped container with M&Ms in it, and randomly placed a candy heart in it. Instant accent color! I think tomorrow I should look for accent colors outside instead of creating my own, anybody can create a photo under controlled circumstances, it's much harder to use natural scenery to achieve the same.

Lens and camera settings:
50mm f/2.0 @ f/2.8, 1/250sec and ISO 100. Flash bounced into an umbrella overhead @ 1/16th power, further reduced using a paper tissue (flash was putting out way too much light, even at its lowest setting, with the umbrella raised all the way to the ceiling).

M&Ms Color Accent

I'm currently working on a little article about the inner workings of dynamic range and how digital cameras are different from our eyes in respect to exposure. Keep an eye out and when I post it, grab a cup or two of coffee, it'll be a long one!

3 comments:

  1. I like this! Great for accent color but would have been a great one for words as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, Don't knock yourself for creating your own color accent. Most people do not have an "eye" for creativity like you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheryl: A lot of "word" things seem to work well for accent color because logos are usually a single color anyway :-)

    Suzanne: I don't know why everyone keeps saying that. I really just don't overthink my photos too much :-)

    ReplyDelete