Saturday, May 29, 2010

365/149 Black and White/7

Final black and white! I miss the theme already, I think I really have a secret love for B&W photography. I may just have to do more in B&W now that I got hooked! It's ironic: after all that technology, going back to the basic of basics. I have to say though, B&W is really how photography is done. It makes drama more dramatic, and something it even makes you wonder how a certain scene would have looked in color, and your imagination is the only way to take you there.

So anyways, here the 2 for today, one of them horribly out of focus, but I liked the moment, so it's going up anyway.

Lens and camera settings:
50mm f/2.0 @ f/2.0, 1/125sec and ISO 800.
Mama on puter

50mm f/2.0 @ f/2.0, 1/125sec and ISO 800, and I let the camera figure out what to focus on (awesome job, not).
Alexis on mama

I will say this: normally in a situation where it's not clear what the camera should be doing when I point a focus point as something, I usually let it focus and then I adjust manually when I shoot f/2.0, just because the thin DOF may not give the desired result. Laziness or haste don't work well, so that's a big lesson learned. I think the photo moment would have stuck around for the extra 0.1 second it would have taken me to actually pay attention. As far as AF is concerned, it did its job perfectly, it focused exactly where I pointed the selected AF point.

No comments:

Post a Comment