Monday, January 11, 2010

Project 365, Day 11 ("Sun", Day 2)

This is more proof of concept of a sun flare than a technically correct photo, or even anything remotely as beautiful as some of the photos I've seen today. However, skies were overcast today and I was at work so this is what I came up with to stay with the theme.

Lens and camera settings:
50mm f/2.0 @ f/16, 1/80sec and ISO 400. The flash was off camera at full power. I taped a piece of black card stock with a dime size hole in the middle to the head to simulate a circular light source for the "star" effect of small apertures. I was forced to boost the exposure +2 stops in ACR due to the ambient light simply not being powerful enough to fill in behind the flash for correct exposure the way it would happen with a correct sun flare.

Flare

No comments:

Post a Comment