Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Project 365, Day 27 ("Monochrome", Day 4)

There was a wreath from Christmas still up at my In-laws', and it was green. Very green. Very monochrome-like green. So, sparked by my curiosity and lack of other subjects, I went for yet another f/2.0 macro. If I had more aperture, I would have used it, just to single out a single blade and bokeh out the rest (this expression, if it doesn't already exists, will be used by others someday, you'll see).

Lens and camera settings:
50mm f/2.0 @ f2.0, 1/50sec and ISO 100. Flash bounced behind me at the walls and ceiling @ +2EV compensation.

I had some difficulty choosing a bounce angle/power combination. This photo really wanted to have clipped shadows and blown highlights at the same time. I somehow managed to find a setting that worked in combination with this angle. I might need to invest in some real OCF equipment soon.

Oh yeah, the photo, that's right. Well, without more talk, here it is:

Wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment